The essential intimate hygieneGál Krisztina
Fortunately, attention to our daily facial care routine has become very popular these days, so more and more of us are looking to buy effective cosmetics to achieve the desired results.
But do we care that much about other areas?
Intimate hygiene is a particular part of women’s grooming. The intimate area is as sensitive as the face. For many of us it is an unpleasant topic, but it is very important to pay attention to keeping our intimate areas clean and well-groomed. Failure to do can generate a number of women’s problems such as inflammation, prolonged bacterial or fungal infections. To help protect intimate areas from infection, incorporate the use of intimate wipes, intimate wash gel and intimate moisturising gel into a daily intimate care routine.
For prevention, it’s also good to be aware of the following:
- wear appropriate underwear/lingerie,
- use pads and tampons carefully during menstruation,
- avoid excessive soap cleansing in intimate areas,
- use intimate wipes in public places, beaches and swimming pools
- use an intimate toilet gel for daily cleansing,
- after cleansing, use intimate gel with lactic and hyaluronic acid to replenish the moisture content of sensitive external intimate skin areas and to protect it against dryness and injuries.
Why is this important?
A normal acidic pH in the vagina is essential to protect the intimate area, it is what prevents pathogens from colonising and causing vaginal infections.
The correct pH is usually between 3.8 and 4.5. This is the level that protects against infection, as most pathogens cannot multiply in this medium.
When choosing the right intimate hygiene product, it should be a skin-friendly, non-irritating product, as this is a particularly sensitive area.
X-Epil Intimo intimate hygiene cosmetics are dermatologically proven skin-friendly products. They cleanse, soothe and care for intimate areas in a skin-friendly way, while helping to restore the desired acidic pH, contributing to normal intimate hygiene
In case of gynaecological problems, consult your gynaecologist immediately.